If you were recently injured in a motorcycle accident in Northern California's East Bay, it's important to act quickly and discuss your legal rights with an experienced East Bay motorcycle accident attorney. At Clancy & Diaz, LLP of Walnut Creek, we can help you file an insurance claim and aggressively seek compensation from anyone who may be at fault.
Important issues involving motorcycle accidents
There are so many issues you'll likely need to address after your motorcycle accident. Our law firm has extensive experience with a wide range of issues involving motorcycle accidents in Northern California. Below, you can find links to pages on our website that have more information about some of the most important issues affecting people involved in motorcycle accidents:
Whatever the circumstances of your motorcycle accident, no matter how complicated or straightforward your crash might seem, we can help you every step of the way.
Why motorcycle accidents are more serious
There are several issues that make motorcycle accidents more serious and often more complicated or difficult to deal with:
- The difference in size between a car and motorcycle make the motorcycle and rider more susceptible to damage and serious injury.
- The fact that the motorcyclist has only the protection of a helmet and protective clothing makes catastrophic injury more likely, even in a relatively minor or low-speed collision.
- If a motorcycle has aftermarket parts, it can be difficult to ascertain the exact value of damage caused in the accident and therefore what it would cost to repair this damage or replace the bike entirely.
Involvement in a motorcycle accident may leave you in a tough predicament. In addition to dealing with physical and emotional trauma caused by the collision, you may also be dealing with an insurance adjuster. The adjuster may not take your case seriously, may try to avoid paying your claim or may offer you a settlement that simply will not cover all the losses caused by the accident.
If you're faced with such a situation, being represented by an East Bay motorcycle accident lawyer can be critical to winning your case. A lawyer can work to represent your interests and your legal rights in any dealings with the insurance company, the other driver involved in the accident, law enforcement and any other interested parties. While you focus on recovering, your attorney can focus on securing the money you need to rebuild and move on. That's how we work. And that's why we win.
What can I do after my motorcycle accident?
When people get in motorcycle accidents, they often don't know what to do or how to respond. Sometimes individuals are so shaken up by the actual accident that they completely forget about the important steps that need to be taken in days after the accident occurred.
These important steps are:
- Remain at the scene
- Call 911 to report the accident
- Exchange driver and insurance information
- Render aid to anyone in need
- Take pictures and notes referencing the circumstances of the accident and injuries you suffered
- Get the contact information of any witnesses present
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Do not talk to the other driver's insurance company, as they may only be seeking a statement that would limit their client's responsibility for causing the accident
No recovery, no fee
Our attorneys stand by our work in the courtroom. We believe that if we do not win your case, then you should not have to pay. As a result, we work on a contingency fee basis for all motorcycle accident cases. We will exhaust every avenue to win your case and get you the compensation that you deserve.
For a free review of your case, contact a Walnut Creek motorcycle accident attorney at the Law Offices of Clancy & Diaz, LLP today.