Clancy & Diaz, LLP of Walnut Creek, Antioch, and Pittsburg California has years of experience handling such complicated cases throughout California's East Bay. Our Walnut Creek motorcycle accident attorneys can guide you through the legal process and be there for you every step of the way.
Common causes of crashes
Motorcycle intersection accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- A driver runs a red light or stop sign
- A speeding driver crashes into a motorcycle
- Distracted driving, including texting drivers
- Drunk driving or a driver under the influence of drugs
- A driver crashes head-on into a motorcyclist making a left turn
Whatever the circumstances of your accident, no matter how straightforward or complicated your crash might seem, we can help you after your accident.
Common injuries in motorcycle crashes at intersections
Motorcycle intersection accidents can result in a variety of injuries, ranging from minor cuts to serious and life-threating injuries. Some of the most common types of injuries that can occur in a motorcycle intersection accident include:
- TBI and other head injuries: Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to head injuries like traumatic brain injuries, concussions and skull fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries: Motorcycle accidents can cause damage to the spine that can result in paralysis or other long-term disabilities.
- Broken bones: Motorcyclists often suffer broken bones, especially in the arms, legs, and hands.
- Road rash: Road rash is a skin abrasion that happens when a rider’s body slides along the pavement. Road rash can range from mild to severe and may require skin grafts to treat.
- Cuts and lacerations: The friction from road rash, flying debris, and broken glass can cause cuts and lacerations.
- Internal injuries: A motorcycle intersection accident can cause damage to organs that can result in internal bleeding.
After a motorcycle intersection crash, it is crucial to seek medical treatment to protect your health. Then consult with an attorney to protect your rights.
We put your interests first
Even if you did nothing wrong, odds are the other driver will likely try to blame you for causing the accident. Fault can depend on traffic laws, signage, and who had the right of way. Witnesses may disagree on what they saw and physical evidence may be unclear. And worse yet, many insurance companies will automatically believe the other driver since some people have a bias against all motorcyclists. Determining and proving fault can be difficult; that’s why you need an experienced lawyer in your corner.
That's why we take such cases so seriously at Clancy & Diaz, LLP. We realize most motorcyclists are law-abiding citizens who follow the rules of the road. We understand the legal issues that often arise involving insurance companies and motorcycle accidents. That's why we want to work with you on your claim or lawsuit. We know how the system works and how to get results.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Contact our Bay Area law firm and schedule your free case evaluation today. Whether it’s through a settlement or in a courtroom, we're prepared to go the distance for you.